Thursday, February 15, 2007

Development - 14 Months 3 Weeks

Rebecca has grown quite a bit during our stay in Singapore. It may be the weather, it may be the more varied activities that she is exposed to, or it just may be God's timing that she develops some skills during this time.

Anyhow, here are some updates (lest I forget)at nearly 14 months and 3 weeks old.

In the past two months (at 13-15 months)...

Motor Skills
- Able to drink from cup (We've got to help her hold the cup else it will spill over. She also made me change her sippy cup 3 times (YES!) before deciding to move almost straight from teat to cup within 1 week)

- Pick up smaller objects and slot them into coin box type slots

- Turn in circles and walk backwards and sideways


Verbal Word List
- Wet (13 Feb 07)
- Dirty (10 Feb 07)
- Long (14 Feb 07...She knocked on my bathroom door saying loong loongg...asking me why I was taking so long inside...honey, it was Mama's shower/me time!)
- Dog (including a very realistic bark/pant/bank routine! yay me for teaching her that!)
- Cock (to refer to our lovely, friendly neighbourhood Peacock...no matter how much we try to get her to say PEA-cock..it doesn't happen)

She's been able to say Mama, Papa, Ate (Nanny), Nin Nin (Milk), Tu Tu Wa (Water), Kong Kong, Po Po, Yes, Hi, Bye, No etc for many months now.

Got to try to record more of her developments.

No comments: