Friday, February 16, 2007

Bedtime Routine

I came home late last night - after Rebecca had gone to bed already. So we didn't manage to do our bed time routine together.

Normally, I try to be with her as she prepares to go to sleep. This used to happen about 8:30 but has been pushed to 9pm. I try to read to her one longer story book or if its too long a story, say Snow White & the 7 dwarves, we will read only half the book. This will then be followed by her all-time fav: Good Night Moon whilst she tucks into her bedtime bottle.

We will then say a quick/short prayer - something like "Thank you God for today, for helping me enjoy school. Help me rest well tonight and heal me. (since she's been sick a lot recently). In Jesus's name I pray. Amen."

Sometimes, instead of falling asleep and getting quiet...we get a bit cheeky and have a good old tumble and tickle in bed. That normally pushes bedtime a wee bit later...but it sure is fun to spend some time together.

Nanny tells me she even asks to be read before she takes her afternoon nap...awww...how satisfying to hear that.

No comments: