Thursday, March 29, 2007

Weaning Off Breastmilk

I've been told that I should update this blog more often. Well, I will try, but life's been very busy recently. Thanks for asking about us though!

Rebecca is doing great and has finally turned 16 months last Friday!

Papa Bear and I have made the heart wrenching (especially for me!) decision to wean her off breastmilk as we feel that it is time for me to recuperate a little. It has been a wonderful and amazing journey being able to provide God-given nutrition for my little cubling...and it has made my mothering experience very special. (I'll blog more in my own blog - which has not been established at the moment since my ex-blog has been well...axed!).

So far, she's been adjusting well and she and I are working at finding new ways to bond and enjoy each other's company. It doesn't mean that I wake up later, we still get up about 5:30 am each morning but we spend the time sitting on the window ledge watching the early morning traffic lazily pass by. Or, we cuddle and sing songs or simply have a good ole sayang. (Awwww...)

At times, I can see that she misses the skin to skin intimacy and she would ask for "Nin Nin"...but overall, she's taken this adjustment very well. I'm so thankful that we'd shared a special 16 month nurturing journey together...now is the start of another exciting phase :)

No comments: